Attorney Tricia Wang
First Class Service

EB1B Outstanding Professors and Researchers


The Law Office of Tricia Wang is located in Fremont, California. We started our immigration practice in 1996 by preparing and filing EB1B Outstanding Professors and Researchers cases for many Ph.D. graduates, post-doctoral researchers, and scientists in various fields, such as agriculture, biology, chemistry, pharmaceutical, biochemistry, astronomy, etc. We provide a free evaluation, offer clear and concrete advice, review and revise all your reference letters to improve the chance of success. Our EB1B attorney prepares a detailed and persuasive petition letter with thorough documentation to achieve the USCIS approval for you!

EB 1B Outstanding Professors and Researchers

EB 1 is an employment based, first preference Green Card. The EB 1 is an immigrant visa classification that provides lawful permanent residence in the U.S to those persons with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics through sustained international acclaim. To qualify for an EB1 Green Card as a first priority worker, the applicant must have an extraordinary ability, or be an outstanding professor or researcher, or be a multinational executive or manager. No labor certification is required for all EB1 categories.

EB 1B is a sub group of EB 1 visa category of a priority worker. To be qualified for an EB 1B visa the foreign national must show international recognition as being outstanding in a specific academic field. Such achievements must be recognized in the field through extensive documentation. In addition, The applicant must have at least three years of experience in teaching or research in that academic field.

One cannot file self-petition for an EB 1B visa. The beneficiary, i.e., the foreign worker will require a sponsorship from a U.S employer. The applicant must have an offer of ongoing employment from the sponsoring employer. If the applicant is a college or university teacher or researcher then the applicant’s job must be a tenured or tenure-track or comparable position.

The following may be produced as proof of documentary evidence of outstanding professor or researcher:

  • Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
  • Evidence of membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
  • Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the alien's work in the academic field
  • Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field
  • Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
  • Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field

We have helped numerous clients working at universities, research institutes and corporations across the United States with their green card applications as an Outstanding Professor or Outstanding Researcher and avoid the lengthy labor certification process and visa backlog. Let us help you too!

Act now by sending your curriculum for a free evaluation. Call Law Office of Tricia Wang at (510) 791-0232 or send us an email at to schedule an initial consultation regarding your immigration concerns. We speak English, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Taishan Dialect and Japanese.

We now available on WeChat! Chat with us by looking for us by “TriciaWangLawOffice” or scan barcode at the bottom of the page.